I declare the following and stand strongly behind these declarations as they come from a positive place and they come from LOVE:
- A person’s CHOICE to believe in religion should not impede on the rights of those who don’t follow any religious doctrine.
- MARRIAGE is just a word – the process of being or becoming married is NOT solely based and afforded to heterosexual couples. Individuals who are in loving and in committed same-sex relationships also have the right to be married and call it a marriage because that is what it is!
- There is no difference between physical abuse towards an animal or a person. Abuse is abuse. All sentient beings should be treated with respect, compassion and love.
- Don’t ever apologize for wanting to spread love and positive energy into the world. Stand behind what you believe with conviction and with passion and people will respect your views.
- Religious beliefs SHOULD NEVER influence legislation – religious views are choices people make in what they believe and should never be used to deny civil liberties of others. Leave religion OUT of politics.
- Money should never influence a decision for a person, organization or government to do something that will have a positive impact on society. Isn’t the positive impact worth the money? Example: Climate Change – spending money to make our planet more sustainable and moving towards more renewable sources of energy is a good thing whether or not you believe that climate change is happening.
- LOVE is my religion – I know that I am here on this planet to create positive change in the world.
- Finally…if you believe in “GOD” – He/She/It made us in His/Her/Their own image. We are a reflection of Him/Her/It. So ‘GOD’ is gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, black, white, yellow, red, Muslim, Jewish, Catholic, Christian, man, woman, child. GOD is everyone and everything so when you are judging someone else, you are judging GOD.