Have you ever wondered what/where the world’s tallest freestanding structure was or what the all-tim best-selling non-fiction book was? Do you know what world destination is the most visited? What of social media – do you prefer Facebook, Twitter or Google+ Well, look no further because I am about to share some of the answers with you now.
The oldest elephant ever was Lin Wang, an Asian elephant (Elephas maximus), who died on 26 February 2003 aged 86, at Taipei Zoo, Taiwan.
Grandpa Lin, as he became known, carried supplies through the jungles of Myanmar (formerly Burma) for the Japanese army, during World War II. He was even taken prisoner by the Chinese in 1943. Lin Wang retired to the Zoo in 1954. The average age of an Asian elephant is 60 years.
The longest snake in captivity is named Medusa, she resides in Kansas City, Missouri USA and is 7.67 metres long or 25 feet, 2 inches. She weighs 350lbs.
The best-selling non-fiction book in the world is The Bible.
Codex Leicester by Leonardo da Vinci is the most expensive book ever sold – $30.8 million (sold in 1994). Bought by Microsoft mogul Bill Gates. A 72-page document (and therefore not a printed book), Codex Leicester is a collection of scientific writing and gained its named from Thomas Coke, Earl of Leicester who bought it in 1719. The journal covers theories on astronomy, water, rock, air, the moon and the heavens.
Billboard HOT 100 Top Group – The Beatles
Billboard HOT 100 Top Female Artist – Madonna. Madonna is also Billboard’s Hot 100 top female artists. She has had the most top 10 singles, a total of 38. She has sold over 305 million albums worldwide and is the best-selling female recording artist according to Guinness World Record.
Best Selling Digital Artist – Rihanna
The tallest freestanding tower in the world is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The Burj Khalifa houses offices, residentials units and a hotel. It measures 829.8 metres tall.
MOST TRAVELLED TO DESTINATION
Here are the top 5 most travelled to locations or destinations in the world (according to the Business Insider):
5. Niagara Falls (22.5 million)
4. Union Station, Washington D.C. USA (32.8 million)
3. Central Park, New York City, NY USA (37.5 million)
2. Times Square, New York City, NY USA (39.2 million)
1. Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV USA (39.6 million)
The top 5 grossing films of all time are:
5. Frozen (2013) – $1.2 billion
4. Harry Potter and The Deathy Hallows Pt II (2011) – $1.3 billion
3. Marvel’s The Avengers (2012) – $1.5 billion
2. Titanic (1997) – $2.1 billion
1. Avatar (2009) – $2.7 billion
Here are the top 10 series finales in television history (US):
10. Home Improvement – May 1999 (35.5 million)
9. Family Ties – May 1989 (36.3 million)
8. All In The Family – April 1979 (40.2 million)
7. The Cosby Show – April 1992 (44.4 million)
6. Magnum P.I. – May 1988 (50.7 million)
5. Friends – May 2004 (52.5 million)
4. Seinfeld – May 1998 (76.3 million)
3. The Fugitive – August 1967 (78 million)
2. Cheers – May 1993 (84.4 million)
1. M*A*S*H – February 1983 (105.9 million)
Facebook – Has approximately 1.15 billion users, 350 million photos are uploaded everyday and 751 million users access Facebook from a mobile device.
Twitter – Has approximately 500 + million users and approximately 20 million twitter accounts are fake.
Google+ – Has approximately 500 + million users of which 67% are male.
Pinterest – Has approximately 70 + million users of which 64% are female.
Instagram – Has over 130 million users and MTV is the most followed with over 1.2 million followers.
Linkedin – Has over 238 million users.
Technology has allowed the world to come together to witness some of the most amazing things in the world. We have witnessed triumphs and tragedies across the world. Revolutions were organized using social media. We are able to receive instant messages of events happening across the oceans and throughout the universe. With all the milestones we have witnessed – imagine the great things to come and the potential to create positive change around the world by sharing, following, favoriting, pinning and liking.
Together we can make the world a more positive one!