How many times have we said: ”I wish I had that on video or in a photo”? I know that I have personally made a statement like that many times throughout my life. My blog today is a photo blog of photo memories that bring me joy, happiness and laughter each time I look at them or remember the actual moments. Enjoy!
1. Freddy – this was our (Jason – my spouse and I ) first pet. This picture is special to me because it captures all the love for life that Freddy had. He loved being outdoors and loved sharing that time with Jason and I. Freddy passed on in November of 2010.
2. Cedars Campground – The first trip there. On our first trip to Cedars Campground in Ontario Canada (over 10 years ago) we set up our tent and met with 2 guys who had a trailer across from our site. We became fast friends and they played a practical joke on us while we went into town for some supplies. Upon our return we found women’s panties, panty hose, wigs, dresses and other items scurried around our campsite and in our tent!!! It was a very funny moment we will never forget especially when the practical joke came from 2 guys we hardly knew – We loved them and are grateful for the memories and great times we shared together!
3. Relaxing at my favourite Ontario beach – Sandbanks. Moments that I treasure most are spending time with nature – I feel connected with the universe when I spend time with nature. I am in awe of the beauty our world and environment has to offer. I am so grateful for moments such as these in the picture below.
4. Fashion Cares Toronto 2004. Being able to connect with one of my favourite singers (the amazing Kristine W) was an amazing memory for me, and to share this moment with my spouse Jason and good friend Lestat – was icing on the cake.
5. My mother. I find this picture wonderful and magical because it captures my mother’s warmth on such a chilly winter’s day.
6. Jason kayaking on Georgian Bay, Ontario Canada. This picture captured the joy and happiness Jason had kayaking on the shores of Georgian Bay. The weather was beautiful and hot, the water crystal clear and the day was filled with joy and laughter. A memory of happiness I will always hang on to.
7. On the way to Sandbanks Provincial Park – Jason and I stopped in Bloomfield to grab a bite to eat. While I was in the cafe – Jason discovered that a local woman was having a garage sale. He immediately fell in love with the original art print in the picture below, so we purchased it. The artist a local woman from Bloomfield indicated that she wanted to sell many of her items as she was joining her daughter in Indonesia. The last time the woman was Indonesia was when she was pregnant with the daughter she was going to meet – who was now pregnant with her own child. The painting now hangs in my house and every time I come down the stairs I look at the picture and remember this trip, the artists story and how we were all connected through her art.
8. Meeting Andy Bell and Vince Clark of ERASURE! It was brief but I got to ask a few questions and talk to one of my favourite electronic bands ever! I put my intention into the universe that I wanted to see them during their 2011 tour. A few days later – I saw a contest in a gay and lesbian newspaper to enter to win a meet and greet. The universe responded and I won tickets to the show and the chance to meet with Andy Bell and Vince Clark! It was awesome and I got to share the moment with the most important person in my life – my husband Jason.
9. Montreal trips…..I love the energy of Montreal. We visit a few times a year and are always pleasantly surprised how we enjoy it more and more every time we go. Some great vegetarian restaurants and so many wonderful, happy memories!
10. Finally getting married after almost 15 years together!!!
Maybe we should all take a photo trip down memory lane and reconnect with friends and family. Share the laughter and joy of days gone and start creating new, wonderful and happy memories. The time we have is short – make the best of it and spread love, joy and laughter by sharing old memories and creating new ones!
What personal photos have you taken that invoke positive energy, love, laughter and joy?
Together, we can make this world a more positive one!